3.02.2009

Snow Beautiful Snow...

Today is the 30th anniversary of when my husband and I started dating! Wow, time flies...

Here in Maryland, we finally got a significant amount of snow! As well as the day off from work...what to do first? Writing or knitting? Maybe some housework I didn't get to this weekend? Nah!!! Fun stuff definitely. Snow angels, snowmen, photos of the snow, and anything else we can think of to do with the snow. We have been wishing (praying) for a good snow since Christmas, and it worked. My little guy is happy, and in his words, "I'm so cited, Momma!" I know there are those who hate to see the white stuff, but not us. This snowfall cancelled a business trip that my husband was to leave for this afternoon, and no school or work. It's good all around. Just be and enjoy it, I say. We're planning on getting the most out of this break in routine.

Oh! By the way, I got my query letter written night before last. Once I started writing, it came together nicely. With the letter done, I then tweaked the article a bit. Got out my "Writer's Market" book and found a magazine to send the query to almost immediately. This was a surprise since the book is about 3 inches thick! I found the perfect fit for my article though. Keep your fingers crossed for me that the editor accepts my proposal, and they want to publish the article (it's more like an essay-which they accept too). It's a little scary, but at the same time exciting. This has been a dream for a long time, and to finally be doing something about accomplishing that dream...well, let's just say it feels good. There's a quote I like: "What would you do if you knew you would not fail?". I could have done this a long time ago, but listened too much to my negative thoughts and didn't think I had a chance. We'll see...have a spectacular day everyone!

No comments: