3.07.2009

Extreme Conditions...

Wow! Just 3 days ago it was below freezing...today it is in the mid 70's! How the weather can so fast is beyond me. Listening to the forecast on the news last night, it will be back down to 40 by the end of next week. I seriously think I was the one person (who I know) enjoying the snow and cold this past week. I have a pair of mittens on my knitting needles for my preschooler, a new hat on a second set of needles for my college son, and a new hat going for my husband on yet a third pair of needles. Yes I am a bit of an over achiever when it comes to projects. I usually bite off more then I can finish in one season, but these are relatively small projects I will finish for sure.

My query letter was not as well written as I had hoped. Got to class Thursday night and it was pretty much torn to shreds by the critique's I received from my fellow classmates. Don't get me wrong though, I was very thankful for all the constructive criticism. I am taking the class to learn. I was thankful, because had I sent it off in the current state it was in there definitely would be no editor in their right mind who would ask me to send them my finished essay/article. I learned a valuable lesson, always read whatever you write, out loud to yourself, before you even think of sending it off to an editor. That, and edit it about 50 times so it is as tightly written as possible! I have to write the query again, but will be able to do so with a bit more knowledge of how to do that, than I had before. So I say thank you to my fellow writer's...

No comments: