2.19.2009

Each One of Us is Unique with Something to Offer the World...

Just returned from my writing class, so inspired I don't know where to start with the assignment for next week. The one real focal point that the instructor keeps trying to drive home with everyone in the class is do your research. Research, research, and research some more. In other words know the market. I had an idea what magazines I wanted to query, but a couple of them are not publishing the type of articles I would lean toward writing. There is a lot of reading and comparing to be done, between the different magazines out there. I love nonfiction. It lends itself so easily to so many topics. Every person has a story to tell that would be of interest to someone else("Experience is the best teacher" and all that)...when I started thinking about some of the experiences of my life it amazed me, because I realized I am a stronger person than I ever thought I was. Not only stronger, but smarter than I've given myself credit for, or anyone else has ever given me credit for.

Condoleeza Rice, was recently on a talk show speaking about what she is going to do now that she is the former Secretary of State. She was also talking about what incredible parents she had growing up and she referred to them as "Extraordinarily ordinary". Each of us is unique in our life experiences, and if we have the ability to convey that into the written word then all the better. We should all use our God given talents, whatever they may be (extraordinary or ordinary), by turning them into something for the betterment, of ourselves, others, and possibly the world outside of our immediate daily surroundings. Someone, somewhere, will be touched by what we have to say.

No comments: