2.18.2010

A Cup Of Memories...(#1)



This was a gift to me last year on Valentine's Day from my youngest. It is one of my favorite coffee cups, not because of what it looks like but because of the sweet memory it holds. I look at this cup and remember the huge grin on my little guys face...he was so proud that he had a beautiful new cup for his momma to drink her daily hot chocolate from. The single heart with the echoing outlines...mimicks the loving vibrations from the heart of a 4 year old child excited to present a gift to someone he loves. Every time I look at it I see his sweet smile and remember I am loved unconditionally by this innocent little human being who thinks I can do no wrong.

I usually end up with a coffee cup when looking for a souvenier to remember a place, an event, or a trip by. It is something that is practical and useful, and usually very inexpensive. I have many of them...each one holds a different but fond memory. Some are gifts from friends and family, and some I have picked up at various times over the last 27 years.

With many coffee cups comes many memories. So every once in a while there will be a coffee cup photo here, and the memory that goes along with it...if anyone would like to send a photo and story of their favorite coffee cup, I would love to see and read them. Just e-mail them to me (my contact info is in the right panel toward the bottom). If I receive 10 or more stories I will have a random drawing, and the winner will receive a gift card to a "well known" coffee shop (don't know if I can mention brand names here). All photos and stories will be posted here on my blog as well.

The coffee cup plays a big part in our daily lives...it holds the beverage of our choice to get the day started, to end the day, or to simply get us through our day. All kinds of coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc...are consumed every day by many people in their favorite coffee cup. Warm and cozy memories attached to such an ordinary object turn it into a priceless treasure...a cup of memories.

No comments: